We are learning about food this month. We have sorted our food, carried out experiments with food and tasted lots of fruits and vegetables. We are also having a hot meal delivered from Grow HQ once a week for 6 weeks in school. This is an opportunity for the school to:
- encourage healthy eating habits and an understanding of nutrition and a balanced diet.
- give the children an opportunity once a week to eat in a relaxed, social setting – serving each other, sharing and enjoying food together. This will develop an understanding of the social aspect of eating.
- encourage children to try new foods together.
- encourage an understanding of the seasonality of fruit and vegetables.
- explore the importance of food for promoting growth, keeping healthy and providing energy.